Archive ID: F00482

FullBack Print Main ArchiveThumbnails


Full image size: 781 x 520  BW


1946   One of the earliest views of the CRCM compound in 1946 or 1947. The inscription on the back, probably written by Arvid Veidmark: "More Q. material. Little house on right is plywood." Apparently "Q" meant Quonset (military prefab) material from which the first transmitter building and missionary housing would be built. The famous "jeepdozer" is visible under the tree, as well as the "gate house" in the background.