Archive ID: F00366

FullBack Print Main ArchiveThumbnails


Full image size: 944 x 722  BW


1950   This photo reveals interesting details relating to the construction of the DZAS tower bases. Sand, cement and water were measured, poured and shoveled manually into the mixers and then down the makeshift chutes into the 5x5x5 foot hand-dug holes (appx.15 cubic yards per hole). The anchor bolts for the tower legs are ready to push down into the concrete and be aligned by the square jig nailed to the cross pieces. And old army mess water tank serves as water source. In the background army tents are still serving as construction shop and bodega. In the foreground right there is a KLIM can used for measuring cement. KLIM was powdered milk, the only milk available in the Philippines at the time...and despised by most missionary kids!