Archive ID: F00311

FullBack Print Main ArchiveThumbnails


Full image size: 930 x 725  BW


1953   The newly completed transmitter building, with DZAS tower and shortwave antennas. Supervision of the construction was done by Ray Meeks, a volunteer from the U.S. The corrugated roofing material could not be obtained in Manila in the curved shape needed for this building; Ray invented a hand-operated crimping device to form the pieces from straight stock. Unlike many original CRCM structures, this one was still standing in 2005. See also #310.