Archive ID: F00306

FullBack Print Main ArchiveThumbnails


Full image size: 1016 x 680  BW


1948   A local Karuhatan resident fills his water cans at the FEBC community water tap. In the period following World War II, pure water would have been a rare commodity. When FEBC finished drilling its well, we immediately made the water available to the local community, by means of a faucet placed just inside the front gate. The sign quotes Jesus' offer of the Water of Life as found in John 4. The word "tubig," seen four times on the sign is "water" in Tagalog. See also photos #305 and #329.