Archive ID: F00186

FullBack Print Main ArchiveThumbnails


Full image size: 732 x 578  CP


1990   Interior of the Bocaue transmitter building. Shown here are the "TEC" transmitters that served FEBC from the early 1960's until the late 1990's. The transmitters were originally built for use by the U.S. Navy as 30 kw CW (Code) transmitters in 1945 but never put into service. FEBC learned of their existence in 1960 and bought four of them. They were converted for audio and upgraded in power to 40-50kw. They operated faithfully to points in Asia until project S.A.V.E. replaced them with 100kw Continental Electronic transmittters in the late 20th and early 21st century!