Archive ID: F00061

FullBack Print Main ArchiveThumbnails


Full image size: 960 x 668  BW


1950   A "Portable Missionary (PM)" box. The woodworker in the CRCM woodshop made the boxes of mahogany - the standard and most popular wood for construction of just about anything, in the Philippines. The "grille" was hand-sawn with a coping saw from masonite. Now the workers in the middle section of the shop would insert the electronics, generally to receive one or several of the FEBC stations.The idea to construct the radios came when it became apparent after DZAS's sign on in mid-1948, that many people within reach of DZAS did not have electricity or radios. It turned out to be one of FEBC's most successful programs.