Archive ID: F00057

FullBack Print Main ArchiveThumbnails


Full image size: 974 x 628  BW


1948   One of the very first views of the primitive Manila control room, possibly late 1948, early 1949. The adjoining studios A, B, and C appear to be still under construction. Note the 30 inch acetate recording discs with narrow cuts...probably the first recorded station breaks or special messages. After use, the acetate was boiled off the aluminum disc so it could be bent into a chassis for PM radios.