Archive ID: F00019

FullBack Print Main ArchiveThumbnails


Full image size: 786 x 600  BW


1958   Church in Ban Phu Sang Noy Village, Laos. This church, which had no resident pastor, received most of its Christian encouragement from FEBC's short wave broadcasts. The village is Meo, or Hmong. FEBC's first broadcasts were produced in Lao, spoken by many villagers (mainly men). The Christian Missionary Alliance cooperated with FEBC in the production of its first Lao language broadcasts, and regularly visited this and other tribal villages as they first began to respond to the broadcasts. From one of these villages came FEBC's first Hmong language broadcaster, whose programs eventually stimulated a revival resulting in at least 250,000 conversions starting in the late 1980's. More detailed background on this photo is provided in the August, 1958 edition of the Broadcaster.